With the hot summer months on the way, now’s the time of the year when homeowners begin to consider how to best cool their home. Not only do you want to stay cool, but you want to do so in the most energy efficient way possible (as to save yourself some money).
If you don’t currently have air conditioning in your home, you may assume that window units and ceiling fans are your only options for staying cool. However, there’s one more idea to consider: a ductless HVAC system.
A ductless system is exactly what it sounds like: it cools your home without forcing air through ducts. This saves you money on the install, while also eliminating the mess associated with installing ductwork in a pre-existing home.
The Benefits of Going Ductless
With so many benefits of installing a ductless HVAC system, a growing number of homeowners are looking into this option. This is particularly true in the Boston area where many older homes don’t have central air.
Here are five of the top benefits associated with ductless AC:
- Quiet operation: When compared to central AC, you don’t get nearly as much noise with a ductless system. This allows you to enjoy the cool air in your home, without a loud hum in the background.
- Ease of installation: As noted above, ductless HVAC systems work without ducts. And for that reason, the install is much easier. This holds true even if you opt for a multi-zone system, such as if you need separate controls for bedrooms on different levels.
- Energy efficient: There is no better feeling than saving money on your cooling bill. Depending on the approach you take, this type of system could save you hundreds of dollars over the course of the summer. Imagine what you could do with that money.
- Ability to add to your system: For example, if you finish your attic or basement and want to add another indoor cooling unit, it’s easy enough to do so. This isn’t the case with central AC, as you’d have to add more ductwork to your home, which means cutting into walls and floors.
- No more window units: Yes, a window unit is cheaper than installing a ductless HVAC system. However, it’s only efficient in cooling a single room. Add to this the unsightly appearance, and most homeowners would rather go another route.
Thanks to these benefits, among others, homeowners throughout the Boston area are strongly considering the addition of a ductless HVAC system to their home.
As one of the most experienced ductless installation companies in Boston, we’re here to answer your questions, provide guidance, and help you decide if ductless AC makes sense.
If you’re ready to move forward with this project, contact us to learn more about the process.
We’re happy to visit your home, explain where everything will go, and give you the information you need to make an informed and confident decision.