A mini-split HVAC system will benefit you and your home in a number of ways. From the savings on your energy bill to the whisper-quiet operation, there’s no shortage of advantages to going ductless when compared to your alternatives.
In today’s day and age of advanced technology, you may be wondering if a smart thermostat is compatible with a mini-split.
The short answer is yes, but there’s more to it than that.
If you want to use a smart thermostat with a mini-split, it’s important that you answer these questions before you do or buy anything:
- What type of smart thermostat are you interested in using?
- Which mini-split makes and models are compatible with your choice of thermostat?
- Are you interested in advanced features, such as the availability of voice technology?
By answering these questions, you’ll come to better understand what you’re looking for and what’s available. That will lead you toward a smart thermostat and mini-split that work together in perfect harmony.
The Best Mini-Split Smart Thermostats
Your buying decision will hinge on your personal wants and needs, budget, and compatibility with the mini-split you choose. But, as you do your research, take the time to learn more about these popular smart thermostats:
- Ecobee Smart Thermostat
- Resideo Honeywell Home T9 Smart Thermostat
- Honeywell Lyric T5
- Nest Learning Thermostat
Remember, the word best means something different to everyone.
You may be interested in the thermostat with an easy to use app, while someone else is focused on voice control or design.
The Benefits of a Smart Thermostat
Now that you know you can use a smart thermostat with a mini-split, it’s time to learn why it’s a good idea. Here are some of the benefits:
- Save money on your energy bill: You can program a smart thermostat to heat and cool your home based on your unique schedule. For example, during the winter months you may want to run the heat while you’re home but turn it down while you’re at work. With a smart thermostat, you can program your system to do just that.
- Smart means smart: Depending on the type of thermostat you buy, it may have the ability to learn your heating and cooling patterns. From there, it can adjust the temperature accordingly, so that you don’t have to waste time doing so.
- Remote access: With traditional thermostats, you have to walk over to the device on the wall and manually adjust it. But with a smart thermostat, you can simply open the app on your smartphone or tablet to make changes.
If you’re going to spend money on a mini-split heating and cooling system, you might as well go all in. And that means installing a smart thermostat that’s intuitive, easy to use, and full of the technology you’ve come to love.
It doesn’t matter if you’re buying and installing your first mini-split system or replacing an old one, take the time to learn more about its compatibility with a smart thermostat. Once you settle on the perfect combination, reach out to a professional who can install both in your home.